The Conversion Co. Ltd collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of relevant data protection laws.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MIGHT COLLECT OR USE:
- your name
- e-mail address
- phone number
- your IP address
- login information
- browser type and version
- pages you viewed or searched for
- length of visits to certain pages
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page etc.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION:
- when you visit our website
- engage with us on social media/email
- become a customer
- attend one of our workshops
- when you apply for any vacancy we advertise on selected 3rd party websites
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND USING YOUR DATA:
Contractual obligations: Where you are a customer, we will use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you in the delivery of marketing services or consultancy.
Legitimate business interests: We may use your personal information in ways that might reasonably be expected and which do not materially impact your rights or interests, including
- business administration
- where you are a customer, we may contact you occasionally about marketing subjects that we feel are particularly relevant to your business
- to manage and improve the website
- to conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing we send to you
- to customise the site and its content to your particular preferences
- to assist our efforts to keep the site safe and secure
Consent: We rely on your consent to process your application for any vacancy you submit via our selected 3rd party websites, we will not share this information with any 3rd parties without your consent. With your consent, we may also use your data to send you marketing communications relating to our business by email, post, phone and text message. If you have consented to receive marketing from us you can opt out at any time by emailing us at [email protected] You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any email newsletter.
Legal compliance: We will use your personal information where are legally obliged to do so.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA:
We will only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH:
We may disclose your data if we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation or to any prospective and/or actual seller or buyer of our business or relevant assets.
If you are a customer, we may share your personal information with our partners in order to deliver our services.
With your consent, we may share your personal information in order to make introductions that we believe will be of interest or benefit to you.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE:
While we use reasonable efforts to safeguard your information and have security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, you acknowledge the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA:
We use a number of email, software and data storage providers, who use industry recognised security protocols. Where possible these are based within the UK and European Economic Area (EEA) however, our Finance and CRM (customer relationship management) systems store data on servers based in the USA and some limited information (names and contact details) will be transferred outside of the UK and the EEA. The providers of both systems are recognised under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Your information may be processed by staff or partners working outside of the EEA, for the purpose of providing services to you. By providing us with your personal information you acknowledge and consent to any such transfer, storage and processing.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES:
This website may contain links to other third-party websites. Please be aware that this privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
You can request any of the following free of charge by emailing us at [email protected]:
- a copy of any personal data we hold (this is known as a subject access request)
- correction of any mistakes in your personal information
- require us to erase your personal information in certain situations
- unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data, object to our processing of personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest
- opt out of the processing of your personal information for direct marketing
HOW TO CONTACT US:
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you can send an email to [email protected]
You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or EEA) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
For full information on all of your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, refer to guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email us [email protected]
Please check this privacy statement occasionally to ensure you are aware of the latest version.